Aim: To give guidance and advice on precautions for the prevention of accidents in the use of abrasive wheels, in particular injury resulting from either wheel breakage or contact with a running wheel.
Duration: 1 day.
Requirements: Trainees must attend with the proper protective clothing.
NOTE: On completion of course certificate is proof of attendance and not competence.
1. Abrasive wheels regulations.
2. Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
3. Method of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
4. Methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels.
5. Methods of inspecting and testing abrasive wheels to check for damage.
6. The functions of all components used with abrasive wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes, nuts etc.
7. How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
8. The proper method of dressing abrasive wheels.
9. The proper adjustment of the rest or guard.
10. The use and types of protective clothing required for working with abrasive wheel equipment.
11. Operations of equipment, trainees to cut (metal and slabs).
Course summary and assessment feedback.
If you would like more information on the Abrasive Wheels training course, please contact us.