HAUC Training Operatives
Aim: To help prepare operatives for assessment of the New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA). This training will assist them in passing hauc awards; they will then be given the certification to allow them to work within the public utilities industry.
Duration: 5 days.
Requirements: Candidates/trainees must attend with the proper protective clothing. It is preferred that trainees have at least some basic knowledge of road works.
Note: Trainees should be capable of taking part in practical work.
2. Introduction to SQA awards.
3. New Roads & Street Works Act.
4. Introduction to cable location equipment (unit 1).
5. Practical session.
6. Review of day (summary).
7. Safety at street works & road works (unit 2).
8. Practical session signing and traffic light operations.
9. Road types and construction layers.
10. Excavation theory (unit 3).
11. Review of day (summary).
12. Backfill theory (unit 4).
13. Field test & practical session.
14. Summary of assessment requirements (units 4, 5).
15. Bituminous material theory (units 6, 7).
16. Review of day (summary).
17. Block paving modular surfaces (unit 9).
18. Review of all previous sections and assessments.
19. Open session for trainees to clear up any problem areas they have prior to assessment.
20. Start assessments with candidates.
Note: Provide clear and accurate feedback.
If you would like more information on the HAUC Training Operatives course, please contact us.