Introduction To Basic Brickworks Within The Road Works Industry
Aim: This course is designed to develop knowledge and skills required to carry out basic brickwork operations within the road works industry.
Duration: 3 days.
Requirements: Trainees must attend with the proper protective clothing (PPE).
Note: Trainees should be capable of taking part in practical exercises.
1. Introduction to basic brick works within road works.
2. Basic brickwork glossary terms.
3. Different bonds in brickwork.
4. Building the brick work, walls.
5. Pipe benching & stepping irons etc.
6. Using gauge and storey rods.
7. Keeping the brickworks clean.
8. Maintaining line and level.
9. Use of wall ties & types.
10. Calculations /Using scale rules.
11. Manhole types and construction.
12. Durability of bricks.
13. Efflorescence & lime staining.
14. Practical exercises
Course Summary: Basic brickworks within road works.
If you would like more information on the Introduction To Basic Brickworks Within The Road Works Industry training course, please contact us.